CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Achingly Beautiful

It's about time I actually wrote about some knitting business. Right now I am finishing up a teal-blue Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It required a bit of adjusting at the very end but I'm quite pleased with the results so far. Like any hobby, restraint is a must. Buying yarn can deplete the $$$ pretty quickly and really just builds up my stash until it overflows - everywhere. So far I've rationalized that I can't move on to another project until I finish the one I'm working on. It sucks, its no fun and its frustrating. However, I'm sticking to it. But, for being so behaved, I am allowed to look at new projects. Tee-hee!
When I look at some of this stuff (like this magnificent cable) its so exciting I almost feel dirty just looking at it. How beautiful! And I can make it. It can be mine! It calls to me... my preciousess...... The sense of accomplishment when you make something by hand is amazing. Whether it be a sweater, a garden, furniture or a car (shout out to my sweetie!) - it's so completely satisfying. And healthy! Everyone should have some kind of handy hobby.

0 comments: