CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Boom Chikka Wah Wah

My hunny is stringing up his guitar! Finally! Ooooh la la sexy. And is this because I told him I would drool over him constantly? That serenading me would be the sexiest thing ever? No! Cuz you better believe I told him that like a YEAR ago. His new found interest to play his not one but two! lovely guitars is because of Alzheimer's. Yes....Alzheimer's. Apparently playing a musical instrument is one way to keep your neurons happy and in sync - thus warding off Alzheimer's. Fantastic! Being proactive is important and admirable. I want my sweetie around for as long as possible - all of him. It all started when we took a little trip to the library today. I simply HAD TO HAVE the knitting pattern for St. Brigid! The actual book "Aran Knitting" by Alice Starmore is out of print and something like $150-$230 to acquire. Hooray for libraries!!! For about $0.40 I now have the complete pattern, instructions and general design information for aran sweaters. Ha! But while I was running around like a kid in a candy store, my guy was reading the current Men's health mag. It would have been nice to be his muse but the end result is the same...I guess...

P.S. I know copywriting is an important topic in the knitting community. However, this book is out of print. $ spent buying it will just go to the book owner, not the artist. I will probably blog more about this later when I've had more time to read and mull things over.

0 comments: