CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Its ON like Donkey Kong!




























In the last 10 minutes more exciting things have happened to me from a knitting perspective than the last few months combined. Well, buying that cashmere yarn from Springtide farm while petting 30+ goats was pretty high on my list of happy moments. Anyways.......

1. I just purchased Intwined Pattern Studio software. I can't even believe it. It's not cheap, but then it's software. By comparison, I guess it is equivalent to 2 or 3 balls of good yarn. AND it will go a lot farther than 2-3 projects.

2. Five minutes after I purchased Intwine download, I check my email and I was finally accepted into the Yahoo group for Knitting Pattern Software! I have been waiting for that email for a month or two.

So basically this means I can go full steam ahead with some designs that have been floating around in my head and in doodles in my notebook. I tried so many different ways to cheaply (well, "Free"ly) make electronic knitting charts but they just all crashed and burned. I tried to get down with FontForge and Excel and even Paint. OMG. So frustrating. I'm sure I was pretty close on each front to having a "working" template but it was just too annoying. Also, they would have been pretty freaking slow to deal with even if working properly.

So....my projects include

1. Charts for a version of the Anthropologie Sweater "Cabled Pathways". It is really beautiful and my Aunt-in-law wants to try making it herself. The Anthro sweater was $$$$$ and she didn't want to splurge. I did recently find it for less than half the Anthro price at ModCloth.com. I don't totally love a few aspects so I may make a few changes. Anyway, the charts for my modified version will be available soon (for free of course) on Ravelry.


At the ModCloth price, I highly recommend just buying it outright. Its really beautiful.


2. A fingerless mitten/glove pattern entitled "Evelyn". It was inspired by a very specific swatch pattern, Jane Austen movies and my new love for Lolita clothing.













3. A ponch/shawl design that I am SOOO excited to put together! Right now I am doing to research to pick and combine specific leaf/acorn/bobble stitches that look nice together. Did I mention I am really excited about this one? Its something I can't wait to make for myself and wear for fall.

0 comments: